Monday, September 26, 2011

Yoga Stamps

Bhujangasana
Cobra Pose


How, you may ask, do I dream up some of these posts? Well, this one I literally dreamt—as in, while I was asleep.


In my dream, I saw posters on the wall of a building that were blowups of vintage yoga postage stamps from the 1960s or 70s. When I googled “yoga stamps” the next day, I learned that it’s not exactly a popular philatelic subject. There are stamps featuring Swamis and Maharishis, but on the subject of yoga itself, I found only this series issued in India in 1991. The stamps depict four asanas (poses) rendered in a straightforward, almost clinical style. They are nothing like the stamps of my dreams, but, quietly lovely in their own right. I think they’d be cool as posters!

Dhanurasana
Bow Pose


Ustrasana
Camel Pose


Utthita Trikonasana
Extended Triangle Pose

2 comments:

  1. Hahaa, great find, these are really cooooool

    I would say your head is mental but yoga stamps really aren't as weird as some of the stuff I dream of

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT REALLY WASN'T MEANT TO LOOK SO PERVY

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails