Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brimfield, to the Letter

It’s been well over a week since my last post, so to apologize for the hiatus, I’m going to play the Sorry! card. I still haven't quite figured out how to do and see all there is out there and post about it.

Amongst other things that took me away from AME, was an excursion to Brimfield, Massachusetts. I finally made the pilgrimage, in the name of the Goddess of Antiques, to that legendary flea-market-on-steroids.

It’s overwhelming, to say the least, so I’ve decided to parse it by theme. Here’s some typography from the day …



Booth design ranges from junk-dumped-on-the-table to highly styled "environments." Many of the letters here were photographed at Keri Seery’s lovely and soothing Antique Therapy booth. Keri is an interior decorator and has a shop in Concord, MA.





The mid-century architects’ sign, above, and the roll of uncut furrier’s labels, below, were from different dealers. Clearly there’s some fabulous type to be had in Buffalo, NY.



Torn and stained as it was, I just had to buy this tablecloth. I got such a deal! And just what I need--another project!




There are occasional parking lots located along the mile of exhibitor fields. We parked outside of the fair strip, but I hear it’s pretty easy to forget where you’ve parked. That must not be fun at the end of the day, because by then, you are one very fried pilgrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails